AUDITIONS for ALL AGES for
“A Christmas Carol”
presented by NewArts and
Walnut Hill Community Church
We invite you to schedule your audition and become a part of the cast.
There are many ways to participate
- There are acting roles for children
- There are acting roles for adults
- There are ensemble roles for children and adults (no acting necessary)
- There is a dance ensemble for older children and adults (no acting or singing necessary)
- There is a caroling ensemble which performs before the show and at intermission – they are also in a few scenes onstage. They have a far reduced rehearsal commitment.
- There is the Tech Team! (information for Tech Team will go out at a later date).
- There is the Parent Volunteer Team – the fuel on which this wonderful organization runs!
- Auditions are for NON-EQUITY performers aged 5 to 75
- Some of the children’s roles will be double-cast (each cast will do five performances)
- All other performers will do all ten performances
- NOTE: Even if you were cast in a certain role last year, you must re-audition.
- ALL AUDITIONS (and rehearsals) ARE AT WALNUT HILL COMMUNITY CHURCH
- 156 Walnut Hill Rd.
- Bethel, CT 06801
SELECT THE ROLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO AUDITION FOR
Click HERE to see the character descriptions so you can select a character for which you’d like to audition. Then you can download, print and prepare that character’s scene. Understand that you may be considered for other roles as well.
What you need to bring:
- Your audition scene printed out and prepared
- memorization is not necessary.
- A short selection of a song (optional) – no more than one minute.
- We will not have an accompanist so you will have to sing a capella.
- Christmas carols are acceptable.
- SINGING IS NOT REQUIRED TO BE IN THE SHOW.
Many roles do NOT require singing and some roles are DANCE only – so don’t let the acting or singing discourage you from auditioning.
- If you are auditioning for a role but would also like to be considered for the dance ensemble, please sign up for a dance audition IN ADDITION to your read/sing audition.
- That means you will schedule two auditions – one 10 minute read/sing audition and one 60 minute dance audition.
- If you are interested only in being part of the dance ensemble (and we need some great dancers for Tony-winner, Rob Ashford’s and Jennifer Paulson Lee’s choreography) we will be having dance auditions on Sunday September 17th from 3PM-6PM.
- To sign up for a dance audition, please select “Dance Audition” from the choice below.
- If you are interested only in being a part of the singing ensemble you do not need to read a scene – select an audition time below and select either ADULT ENSEMBLE or YOUNG ENSEMBLE from the drop-down character list on the form.
There is no fee to participate in this production of “A Christmas Carol” but there may be a nominal fee for costumes.
All shows will be at Walnut Hill Community Church, Bethel, CT. The performance schedule is as follows:
Thursday November 30th – 7PM
Friday December 1st – 7PM
Saturday December 2nd – 2PM and 7PM
Sunday December 3rd – 2PM
Thursday December 7th – 7PM
Friday December 8th – 7PM
Saturday December 9th – 2PM and 7PM
Sunday December 10th – 2PM
Our rehearsals will start on or around October 14th
- The show opens on November 30th
- We will be in technical rehearsals around Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving Thursday and Friday will be off.
If you have any trouble signing up, please email us at email@example.com
TO SIGN UP FOR AUDITIONS SELECT AN AUDITION TYPE BELOW.
REMEMBER TO ALSO SIGN UP FOR A DANCE AUDITION ON SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 17th IF YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE DANCE ENSEMBLE.