NEWARTS PROUDLY ANNOUNCES OUR SUMMER 2019 PRODUCTION!
The story of an extraordinary girl who, armed with a vivid imagination and a sharp mind, dares to take a stand and change her own destiny.
August 2-4 & 9-11
(PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE BEFORE SIGNING UP TO AUDITION)
- Performer Auditions: January 25-27 and February 1-3
- All auditions at Newtown Congregational Church 14 West Street, Newtown, CT 06470.
- Callbacks: February 9 and 10
- Please keep in mind that participation in strike is mandatory.
- AUDITIONS SHOULD NOT EXCEED THREE MINUTES.
- Performers, please prepare a cut of a contemporary musical theatre song and a short speech or monologue (extremely young children can recite a poem or tell a joke). Singing auditions will be a capella (no accompaniment). Pop songs are allowed, but keep in mind that we are looking for songs that tell a story and can show your voice and acting. You can sing a song from the show if you like, but it is not required. If the audition goes beyond three minutes, we may cut you off – please don’t be offended. We are just trying to give everyone a fair chance.
The tech team is the group of people who work behind the scenes (“backstage”) and control all the technical aspects of bringing Matilda to life on stage. The members of the tech team will get educated on what it takes to bring a performance to life. If being on stage is not your thing, but you love theatre, this program is for you.
- Performers between the ages of 5 and 25 are eligible to audition
- Many roles will be double-cast
- Some roles, may be cast non-traditionally
- Both casts are required to attend all rehearsals
- CHARACTER BREAKDOWN – CLICK HERE
- Pre & Post Program ARC Questionnaire (required for participants ages 8+ )
- June 24-August 11 (Principals and Chorus) plus strike
- Monday – Friday 9am-4pm with lunch from 12-1pm
- Saturdays will be added starting July 15, 9am-4PM with lunch from 12-1
- Tech rehearsals, starting on or around July22 may go until 9PM.
- Each week includes ARC session(s)
- $1,000 (Principals and Chorus)
- There is a nominal costume fee for each performer. Additional information will be provided closer to the start of rehearsals.
- Note for parents: As in previous years, we require a $150 Adult Volunteer deposit per participant. This will be refunded at the end of the production as long as the parent/guardian has satisfied the minimum required volunteer hours.
- Tech Team: $600
- $50 discount for siblings
- Limited financial aid available – based on need.
- Tuition is not refundable
ARC is our year-round character development program designed to empower children to recognize and develop their strengths, build confidence and effectively manage their emotions. Our summer session includes ARC and other educational activities for all cast/crew.
If you cannot find an audition slot, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org